Mr Ugbor is an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management. He obtained his B. Agric. (Fisheries and Aquaculture) from Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki in 2010 and his MSc. from University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 2015. He is currently carrying out his Doctoral Research in Fisheries and Hydrobiology at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He worked as a Farm manager at East Farms Ltd. Aba between 2013 and 2015. During his National Youth Service Corps Programme, he worked as a Supervisor of the fisheries unit at Brooks Farm and Agro-allied Industry, Karshi in Abuja. He is very experienced in farm management, fingerling production, pond management and fish feed production. His undergraduate research project in 2012 won the first position in Alltech Young Scientist Award for Africa and Middle East Zone. He was also awarded a certificate of excellence by the Nigerian Association of Agricultural Students (Ebonyi State University Chapter). Part of the conferences and workshops he attended include: 12thAnnual Conference of Animal Science Association of Nigeria, ASAN, Ile Ife in 2007; Workshop on the prospect of fish farming in Ebonyi State, EBSU FISHPRO in 2008; Workshop on the utilization of local and available raw materials in the production of fish feed, RMRDC in 2010; 30th Annual Conference of Fisheries Society of Nigeria, FISON, Asaba in 2015; 32nd Annual Conference of Fisheries Society of Nigeria, FISON, Anambra in 2017; International Seminar on Comprehensive Local Agricultural Plan C-LAP in 2017 and Workshop on African Youth Initiative on Climate Change, AYICC in 2017.
1. Nwani, C. D., Somdare, P. O., Ukonze, J. A., Ejere, V. C., Nwadinigwe, A. O., Nwani, J. C., Odo, G. E. and Ugbor, O. N. (2016). Subchronic exposure to fenthion induces hematological changes in liver tissue of african catfish Clarias gariepinus. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health, 28(4): 229 – 234,
2. Ochang, S. N., Peter, B. M., Ugbor, O. N. and Egor, A. (2015). Effect of diets with Moringa leaf meal on growth, carcass composition and haematology of Clarias gariepinus. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies 3(2): 397 – 401.
3. Ochang, S. N., Ugbor, O. N. and Ezeonwu, K. C. (2014). Effect of replacement of soybean meal with Beniseed (Sesamum indicum) meal on the growth and haematology of African catfish (Clarias gariepinus). Nigerian Journal of Fisheries 11(1&2): 762 – 769.
4. Ochang, S. N., Ugbor, O. N. and Ezike, I. M. (2014). Growth response, haematology and carcass composition of Clarias gariepinus fingerlings fed diets with Afzelia africana seed meal. Nigerian Journal of Fisheries 11(1&2): 756 – 761.
5. Ochang, S. N., Ugbor, O. N. and Nwiboko, C. E. (2017). Effect of replacement of soybean meal with afzilia seed (Afzilia africana) meal on the growth and intestinal mucosa of African catfish (Clarias gariepinus) fingerlings. Asuu Journal of Science, 4 (1&2): 88 – 99.
6. Ochang, S. N., Ugbor, O. N. and Williams, O. B. (2016). Effect of using raw and toasted African yam bean (Sphyenostylis stenocarpa) on the growth performance, nutrient utilization and body composition of Clarias gariepinus. In: Proceeding of the 30th Annual Conference of Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON), “Delta 2015”, 23rd to 27th November, 2015. Pp 634 – 637.
7. Ochang, S. N., Ugbor, O. N., Peter, B. M., Gboshe, P. N. and Jacob, O. Q. (2017). The effect of moringa leaf meal-based diets on the growth, carcass composition and intestinal mucosa of Clarias gariepinus. Manuscript accepted for publication in Proceeding of the 32nd Annual Conference of Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON), “ANAMBRA 2017”, 23rd to 28th October, 2017. Pp 634 – 637.
8. Somdare, P. O., Nwani, C. D., Nwadinigwe, A. O., Nwani, C. J., Odo, G. E., Ugbor, O. N., Ukonze, J. A. and Ezeibe, A. B. C. (2015). Fenthion induced toxicity and histopathological changes in gill tissue of freshwater African catfish, Clarias gariepinus (Burchell, 1822). African Journal of Biotechnology, 14(25): 2103 – 2113.
9. Ugbor, O. N., Awom, I. E., Egesi, O. C. and Okpokwu, J. E. (2017). Apparent nutrient digestibility coefficient of brewer’s spent grain meal based diets in Clarias gariepinus juveniles. Nigerian Journal of Agriculture, Food and Environment, 13(3): 132 – 137.
10. Ugbor, O. N., Odo, G. E., Nwani, C. D., Ochang, S. N., Somdare, P. O., Agbakwuo, C. A. (2015). Effect of parasites on the biochemical and haematological indices of some clariid (Siluriformes) catfishes from Anambra River, Nigeria. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies 3(2): 331 – 336.
11. Ugbor, O. N., Odo, G. E., Nwani, C. D., Ochang, S. N., Somdare, P.O. and Agbakwuo, C. A. (2014). Parasitic fauna of two dominant Clariid (Siluriformes) catfishes in a tropical freshwater ecosystem, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Fisheries 11(1&2): 745 – 755.
12. Ugbor, O., Ochang, S., and Ogunji, J. O. (2012). Effect of Oil Bean Meal Diets on Hematology and Histology of African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus). Proceedings of the International Research on Food Security, Natural Resource Management and Rural Development, Tropentag 2012, September 19-21, 2012, Gottingen, Germany.