EGESI, OKWUCHI CHIOMA
Okwuchi Chioma Egesi is from Umuajata, Olokoro in Umuahia South L.G.A. Abia State, Nigeria. She obtained her M.Sc. degree in Fisheries Management from the University of Ibadan, Ibadan in 2004. Her first degree was also obtained from the University of Ibadan, Ibadan in 2001. She worked as a consultant (Aquaculture Expert) with Farming Systems Research, National Root Crops Research Institute (NRCRI), Umudike, Abia State in 2008. She is a member of Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON) and presently the Financial Secretary of Abia State chapter. She is also a member of the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World. She investigated the accessibility and dissemination of improved fish technologies and its impact on the livelihood of rural fishers during her M.Sc. programme. She has also carried out studies in fish nutrition with kin interest on finding suitable low-cost and unconventional feedstuff for fish. She is a professional Fisheries and Aquatic management scientist with special interest in Fish nutrition and Biotechnology. She is presently a University lecturer in the Department of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources Management, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
- Alum-Udensi; O; Egesi, O. C. and Uka. (2016). A. Applications of GPS and GIS in Aquaculture and Fisheries. International Journal of Agriculture and Earth Science Vol.2 No.2. 40-43.
- Alum-Udensi, O; Egesi, O. C. and Nlewadim, A. A. factors affecting pupolations of the smooth freshwater Stringray Dasyatis garonaensis (Stauch and Blanc, 1962) of the Lokoja section of the River Niger. (In-press)
- Egesi, O. C., Uchendu, U. I., Ikeuka, P. I. and Alum-Udensi, O. (2016). Status of Solid Waste Management in Umuahia Municipality, Abia State, Nigeria. International Journal of Environmental Research Vol.2 No.1. 35-39
- Egesi, O. C. (2016). Artisanal Fishers and Adoption of Fishing Technology in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. International Journal of Environmental Research Vol.2 No.1.48-53
- Egesi, O. C. and Ogbonna, R. I. (2016). The Effect of Supplementing Blood Meal with Graded Level of Methionine in Diet of Clarias gariepinus (Burchell 1822) Fingerlings. International Journal of Agriculture and Earth Science Vol.2 No.4. 136-141
- Egesi, O. C. (2017). Effect of DDVP (2, 3 Dichlorovinyl Dimethyl phosphate) on Clarias gariepinus juvenile. Internatonal Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development (IJARD) SAAT. Futo. In press.
- Egesi, O. C. and Okiyi, H. (2017) Effect of Replacing Maize with Different Inclusion Levels of Wheat Bran on Growth Performance of Clarias Gariepinus (Burchell1822) Juveniles. Internatonal Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development (IJARD) SAAT. Futo. In Press.
- Egesi, O. C (2015) Fish harvesting and marketing. Training Manual in Homestead Fish farming for secondary school teachers. Michael Okpara university of Agriculture, Umudike in collaboration with West Africa Agricultural Productivity Programme (WAAPP). May 2015. Complied by A. Uka.