A. Personal Data
Name: Nwajiobi, Benson
Date of Assumption of Duty: 3rd July, 2012
Status on First Appointment: Assistant Lecturer
Present Status: Lecturer II
Present Salary: CONUASS 3/3
Department: Forestry and Environmental Management
B. Educational Background
1. Educational Institutions Attended (With Dates)
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State, 2012-Date
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State, 2009-2012
University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State, 1999-2004
St. Charles Special Science School, Onitsha, Anambra State, 1992-1994
Sacred Heart School 2, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, 1983-1988.
2. Academic/Professional Qualifications (With Dates)
Ph.D. FOREM, in view
M.Sc. FOREM, 2012
B.Sc. BOTANY, Second Class Honours (Upper Division), 2004
Senior Secondary School Certificate (WAEC), 1994
First School Leaving Certificate, 1988
C. Work Experience
1. Previous Work Experience
- Manager, Jan. 2007 – Jan. 2009, Chidelavie Resourse, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Operations/Marketing Manager, Jan. 2007 - Jan. 2009, Obari-Nasemi G.B. Company Ltd, Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
- Biology Teacher, Sept. 2004 - Sept.2005, NYSC/Okiti Mixed Secondary School, Ubulu-Okiti, Delta State.
- Research Assistant, Jan. 2004 - Sept.2004, Dr. K.O. Akhigbe, Head of Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State.
2. Work Experience in MOUAU
- Lecturer II, Dept. of Forestry and Environmental Management, October, 2015 – Date
- Assistant Lecturer, Dept. of Forestry and Environmental Management, July, 2012 –September, 2015
- CNREM Examination Officer and ETTC Representative. November 2012 – Date
- FOREM Exam Officer, and Chairman of Exam Committee, June 2013 – May, 2014
- CNREM Representative in COLNAS Board, January 2014 – Date
- CNREM Representative in CNAS Board, August 2012 – 22nd April, 2013
- Member, Gender Stakeholder’ Summit and Awards Organizing Committee, 2013
- Chairman, CNREM Staff Welfare Committee, August 2012 – Date
- Staff Adviser/Chairman FOREM Students Advisory Committee, June 2013 – Date
D. Membership of Committees/Bodies
- MOUAU Exam and Time Table Committee, November 2012 – Date
- FOREM Exam Committee, June 2013 – May, 2014
- FOREM Student’s Advisory Committee, June 2013 – Date
- Gender Stakeholder’ Summit and Awards Organizing Committee, March 2013– May 2013
- CNREM Committee on Consideration of Results, November 2012 - Date
- CNREM Staff Welfare Committee, August 2012 – Date
E. Membership of Professional Bodies
- Forestry Association of Nigeria (FAN)
- Nigerian Environmental Study/Action Team (NEST)
- International Research and Development Institute (IRDI)
- Botanical Society of Nigeria (BOSON)
F. Conferences/ Workshop/ Seminars Attended
- 38th Annual Conference of the Forestry Association of Nigeria, Held in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, from 7th – 11th March, 2016.
- Nigerian Environment Centenary Symposium 1914-2014,ian Environment: Past 100 Years and the Future, held at the Conference Center University of Ibadan, Ibadan Oyo State, 24th and 25th September, 2014.
- International Conference on Culture, Science and Sustainable Development, Held at Conference Hall, British Council, Accra, Ghana from 11th – 14th November, 2013.
- 36th Conference of the Forestry Association of Nigeria, Held in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, from 4th – 9th November, 2013 on Green Economy: Balancing Environmental Sustainability and Livelihood in an Emerging Economy’
- 35th Conference of Forestry Association of Nigeria, Held in Sokoto, Sokoto State Nigeria, from 11th – 16th February, 2013 on ‘Forest Industry in a Dynamic Global Environment'
G. Publications and Creative Work
- Ubuoh, E. A; Nwajiobi, B. (2018). Implications of Different Household Cooking Energy on Indoor Air Quality in Urban and Semi-Urban Settlements in Imo, South Eastern Nigeria. Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management, 22(5):725-729.
- Nwajiobi, B. and G. C. Mgbeze (2017). Effects of Salinity on Germination and Growth of Sphenostylis stenocarpa (Hochst. Ex. A. Rich.) Harms (AFRICAN YAM BEAN). Taraba Journal of Agricultural Research, 5 (2): 77-87.
- Nwajiobi, B. and Samson, E.O. (2016). Effects of different rates of poultry manure on germination and early growth of Afzelia Africana. International Journal of Agricultural Innovations. 6(1): 25-29.
- Nwajiobi, B; Ezenwa L. I; Nwobodo, K.A; and L. O. Ikwa (2016). Effective waste management: A critical pathway to greening economy of developing nations. International Journal of Agricultural Innovations. 6 (1):59-67.
- Nwajiobi, B., Ndelekwute, E.K., Uzoegbu, H.U.( 2013). Climate change impact on forestry, agriculture and human health in developing nations. International Journal of Innovations in Environmental Science and Technology 3(2):92 – 99, 2013.
- Mbakwe, R. and Nwajiobi, B. (2013). Impact of litter fall on forest soil in the humid
tropics of nigeria: opportunity in climate change mitigation. Proceedings of the 35th Conference of the Forestry Association of Nigeria, Held in Sokoto, Sokoto State Nigeria, from 11th – 16th February, 2013. P. 309-319
- Ogbonnaya, S and Nwajiobi, B (2012). Public participation: veritable option for effective environmental management practice in the Niger Delta region in Nigeria. International Journal of Research and Advancement in Environmental Science. 2 (1):71-74
· First Atlantic Bank/UNIBEN Peace Award 2002
· NYSC Commendation, 2005
· Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Vice Chancellors Commendation, 2013.
· Students Association of Forestry and Environmental Management (SAFEM), MOUAU Award of Honours, May 2016
· Postgraduate Students Association (PGSA), MOUAU, Award of Merit, June, 2016
H. Extra-Curricular Activities.
Reading, Travelling, Music, Sports.